Hayley Elizabeth Cake Academy takes safeguarding of privacy online seriously and understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online.
Please read the whole of this policy carefully as it sets out what information we may collect from you, how we may use it and your rights in respect of our use of that information.
We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, https://www.hayleyelizabethcakeacademy.com (“Our Site”) and our Clients and Customers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully and ensure that you understand it. If you do not accept and agree with this Privacy Notice, you must stop using Our Site immediately.
If you use any of our services, you will be deemed to have consented to the collection and use of the personal information you provide in the ways described below. Please read this Statement carefully and if you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hayley Elizabeth Cake Academy is responsible for collecting, processing, storing and safe-keeping personal and other information as part of providing a service and carrying out our regular business activities.
We manage personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018
Any questions regarding our processing of personal data should be directed to us via email
We are guided by the following principles when processing data:
1. We will only collect data for specific and specified purposes; we will make it clear at the point when we request your information, what we are collecting it for and how we are going to use it;
2. We will not collect data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes; we will minimise the amount of information we collect from you to what we need to deliver the services required;
3. We will collect and use your personal information only if we have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as communication via our newsletter which will contain relevant information about the work we do, there services we provide, offers and updates.
4. We will not use your data for purposes other than those for which it was collected, accepted as stated within this policy, or with your prior consent.
5. We will seek to verify and/or update your data periodically and we will accept requests from you for amendment of the data held;
6. We will apply high technical standards to make our processing of data secure;
7. Except otherwise stated, we will not store data in identifiable form longer than is necessary to accomplish its purpose or as required by law.
THE INFORMATION COLLECTED:
The information we may collect about you could include, but is not limited to:
1. Personal details
2. Family details
3. Lifestyle and social circumstances
We will collect information from you when:
1. You sign up to our newsletter or mailing list
2. You download an opt-in
3. You purchase a product from our website or our shop via shopify
4. You join a course or programme
5. You contact us for information via our website or social media channels, by phone or email
6. You post on our social media channels, website or blog
7. You work with us in a commercial capacity
We may use the information collected to:
1. Allow you to process a booking for a product or course
2. Send you our newsletters or provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
3. Ensure that content from our site is presented to you in the most effective manner for you and your computer
4. Allow you to participate in the service you have chosen to do so
5. Notify you about changes to our service
If you provide us with your email address it will be stored, along with your first name and surname
can find out more here https://www.activecampaign.com/legal/privacy-policy
If you make a purchase from our site then your personal information will be captured. This will
include your email address, first and surname, your card billing address and your payment
information. We use Shopify lite to process payments. Shopify lite will record your personal information
including your name and email address and transaction details but will never send us your financial
We will never sell or share your personal information with third parties.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides that processing of your data shall only be lawful if and to the extent that at least one of the following applies:
1. You have consented
2. For the performance of a contract
3. For compliance with a legal obligation which we must perform
4. To protect vital interests of your or another person
5. It is in the public interest
6. It is in the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party
We collect data for the purposes set out above. We will have obtained your Data because you provided your consent to share it.
Data is managed to ensure that it is either erased from our system when it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected, retained for legal reasons or minimised and retained.
THIRD PARTY ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
In order for us best to support our business functions we work closely with other small businesses, specifically a freelance VA and an online business manager. We have contracts and working methods in place so that they are obligated to protect your data in accordance with the GDPR. Any data shared with third party contractors is limited to what is strictly necessary in order for us to perform the day-to-day functions of our business.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
We will make it as easy as we can for you to opt out of unwanted communications, providing it does not restrict our ability to provide you with the primary service you have requested.
Please note if you wish to unsubscribe from any marketing emails that you have signed up for, you can do so by emailing hello@hayleyelizabethcakeacademy or clicking onto the unsubscribe link on the marketing email that was sent to you. It may take 24 hours for this to become effective.
WEBSITE ANALYTICS & TARGETED MARKETING
We use website analytics to provide the best user experience and service to you and to evaluate and improve our site. We utilise a third party data analytics service provider, Google Analytics which works with Showit analytics to improve our visibility and to monitor website browser behaviour and navigation across our site.
These third-party data analytics service providers collect this information on our behalf in accordance with our instructions and in line with their own privacy policies. Our service providers may collect the following data about the way you use our site, which will almost always be anonymised and aggregated before reporting back to us:
1. Number of visitors to our site
2. Pages visited whilst using the site and time spent per page
3. Page interaction information, such as scrolling, clicks and browsing methods
4. Source location and details about where users go when they leave the site
5. Page response times and any download errors
Other technical information relating to end user device, such as IP address or browser plug-in
From time to time we may use the information collected about you to present you with targeted advertisements using platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google and/or Instagram.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY & FUTURE PROCESSING
We do not intend to process your personal information except for the reasons stated within this privacy notice. If this changes, this privacy notice will be amended and placed on our website at hayleyelizabethcakeacademy.com/privacypolicy
We continually review our privacy practices and may change our practices, and subsequently, this
policy, from time to time. When it does an amended privacy notice will be placed on our website at
If you are concerned about how we are collecting, using and/or sharing your personal information,
you can contact our Data Protection Officer Hayley Jones via email
This privacy notice was first published on 1st April 2021. It will be reviewed on or before 1st October 2021